Quick Links

North West Surrey

Short Stay School

Google Services

Google Translate

Google Translate

Google Search

Google Search



Freedom of Information Request


The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act (FOISA) gives you the right to see information.


How to make an FOI request


You must make a Freedom of Information (FOI) request in writing. You can do it by:

  • letter 
  • email


If you cannot make your request in writing because of a disability, contact the local authority. They should help you to make the request another way - for example over the phone.


What to include


You should give:

  • your name

  • a contact postal or email address

  • a detailed description of the information you want - for example, you might want all information held on a subject, or just a summary


You can ask for information in a particular format, such as:

  • paper or electronic copies of information

  • audio format

  • large print


Before you make a request


You might not need to make a Freedom of Information (FOI) request if the school has:

  • already published the information

  • previously responded to an FOI request


You can also email or phone the school to ask if they’ve already published the information or responded to an FOI request in the past.


When will I get a response


The school will reply to your request within 20 working days of receiving your request. Schools are allowed more time during school holidays, when emails and post are not dealt with on a daily basis.


The school will tell you when to expect the information if they need more time.


When your information will be shared


If you’ve sent an FOI request which covers severals departments, we may share your name and request between those departments. This is to help deal with your enquiry more effectively.


No other details will be shared and your information will not be used for any other purpose.




Most requests are free but you might be asked to pay a small amount for photocopies or postage. The school will advise you if you have to pay anything.


Subject Access Request (SAR)


A subject access request is a different way to make a request if you want information that the school holds about you. 


How do I make a request?


You can make a simple written request or one can be made on your behalf for the information you entitled to ask for under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). The request does not have to be in any particular form.


The school will normally respond to your request within one month. If you have made a number of requests or your request is complex, we may need extra time to consider your request and it can take up to an extra two months to respond.


Can my request be refused?


The ICO guidelines state that a SAR can be refused if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Application of exemptions for a request are decided on a case-by-case basis. If an exemption applies, the school can refuse to comply with a SAR (wholly or partly).


Any request under the Freedom of Information Act or a Subject Access Request should be addressed to Mr Paul Jackson, Headteacher, Pyrford Centre, Engliff Lane, Pyrford, GU22 8SU.


The school's Data Protection Officer is


Satswana Ltd

Suite G12

Ferneberga House

Alexandra Road



GU14 6DQ



01252 759177

ICO Certificate